Summary of Statement:
This is the privacy statement of Macadam Europe N.V. and its subsidiaries, established in 1800 Vilvoorde at Schaarbeeklei 613 (hereinafter referred to as: Macadam), www.macadam.eu.
This privacy statement is applicable to all privacy sensitive information or personal data provided to us, for example through a registration form, contact form or orders placed by you. We attach great value to the privacy of our Principals, such as Leasing Companies and Fleetowners, and their Customers (mainly the drivers). Therefore, we exercise the greatest care possible in dealing with and protecting personal data. We process data in conformity with the conditions set in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Macadam is the party responsible within the meaning of the GDPR with regard to the processing of your personal data. We are responsible for the processing of your personal data in an appropriate and careful manner, in conformity with the GDPR. In this privacy statement we describe which data are processed by us and for which purposes it is used.
Overview personal data
Below is an overview of the personal data processed by us:
- first and last name
- address information (Company address or inspection address)
- phone number
- e-mail address
Purpose and principles of personal data processingBy agreeing to this privacy statement, you will give your explicit permission within the meaning of article 6 paragraph 1 sub a of the GDPR for the processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned below. You can at all times revoke your permission. If however you do not provide specific information to us or do not give us permission to process such information, we may not be able to be of optimal service to you. If you do not give your explicit permission for the processing of your personal data, or if you have revoked such permission, the articles 6 paragraph 1 sub b, sub c and/or sub f of the GDPR may be applicable to the processing of your personal data. Your personal data can in that case be processed without your permission, provided that this is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party, or for the representation of the legitimate interests of Macadam. In addition, we may be legally obliged to process your personal data. We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to be able to contact you in order to fix an appointment for the inspection of the vehicle according to our contractual obligations
- to be able to call or e-mail you if this is necessary for the performance of our services
- to provide our Principal a full vehicle condition report
- to send you a copy of the inspection report
- to organize the transport of the vehicle if stipulated in our contractual obligations.
Disclosure to third partiesWe do not disclose your personal data to third parties unless if this is necessary for the performance of an agreement we have concluded with you of our Principals, for the representation of a legitimate interest of ours, or in order to meet legal obligations that we have. In case we disclose your data, we will enter into processing agreements with companies who process data on our behalf, in order to guarantee the same level of security and confidentiality. We remain responsible for such processing activities. Outside the aforementioned situations we will not disclose your personal data to other third parties.
Commercial purposesWe will not use your personal data for commercial purposes. You will in no case receive information via the e‑mail address provided by you, unless information related to our inspection service as determined by our Principals. Your personal data will never be used by us for market research and the optimisation of our services. Anyway, your personal data can in that context only be used if anonymized and will therefore not be linked to you personally. Your personal data will not be sold or disclosed to third parties for commercial purposes.
Data retentionWe are contractually bound to keep your data for a certain period of time. This retention period is determined by our Principals as following:
- storage of the data: during 3 years after the inspection
- encryption of the data: from 3rd year till 5th year
- deletion of the data: after 5 years
- phone call registration: during 120 days.
CookiesA cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit a website. You can unsubscribe from cookies by adjusting the settings of your web browser in such a way that cookies are no longer stored. Next to that you can delete all previously stored information via the settings of your browser. We use the following cookies:
- Functional cookies: these cookies are necessary for the technical functionality of the website and to provide greater ease of use. They ensure that the website functions properly and remember, for example, your preferred settings. They also enable us to optimize our website. These analytical cookies do not invade your privacy, so that we do not require your prior permission to use them.
- Google Analytics: cookies of the American company Google are placed on this website, as part of the “Analytics” service. Macadam Europe uses this service in order to receive reports on the way the website is used and to be able to measure its quality and effectiveness. We use Google Analytics in the manner prescribed by the Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit (Belgian DPA) in order to qualify for the exception under the Belgian Cookie Act, so that your prior permission for the use of Google Analytics is not required.
View, correct or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your data. Next to that you have the right to revoke any permission you gave for the processing of data, and the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You have the right to data portability if digital personal data are processed by us either with your permission or for the performance of an agreement we have concluded with you or our Principals.
This means that you can submit a request, asking us to send the digital personal data we have stored about you in a readable computer file to you or an organisation indicated by you.
You can send requests to view, correct, delete or transfer your personal data, a revocation of your permission, or an objection to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.orgTo ensure that a request to view was filed by you, we ask you to attach a copy of your identity card to your request. Please make your passport or Identity card (IC) photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the lines with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport or IC number and citizen service number invisible. We ask you to do this in the context of your privacy. We will respond to requests as quickly as possible and within four weeks at the latest. We would also like to point out that you have the possibility to lodge a complaint with the national supervising authority.
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and will take appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes. If you have the impression that your data are not protected adequately or if there are indications of misuse, please contact our customer service or send an e-mail to email@example.com